Acceptance of Terms
"Content" means text, images, graphics, photos, audio, video, location data, information, suggestions, guidance, and all other forms of data, communication, or materials. "Your Content" means content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the services, such as ratings, reviews, likes, dislikes, and information, including personal information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. "User Content" means content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the services. "Meddy Content" refers to the content that we create and make available in connection.
About the Services
You acknowledge that although some of the content of the service (including content provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such content does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
The service's content that you obtain or receive from Meddy, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the services is for informational purposes only.
The service's content provided through the services is not intended as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical advice from a qualified health care professional because of something you may have read on the services. Do not use the services for emergency medical needs. If you experience a medical emergency, call emergency services. Your use of services content is solely at your own risk. Nothing stated, posted, or available through the services is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine or the provision of medical care.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, health care providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the services. If you rely on any of the content of the service, you do so solely at your own risk.
We make the services available as a service to consumers and health care providers to provide an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have user content and third party content reviewed by the service’s editorial personnel.
It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the content of the service is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the Services Content contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or the results obtained from the use of the content.
You are encouraged to independently confirm the content of the service contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician.
Health care provider content: Health care provider content found through the services is intended for general reference purposes only. Health care provider content found on the services is reported by office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the health care provider. Such content often changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Neither the services nor Meddy provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular health care provider. Our relationship with sponsors or health care providers in a particular area is based on the criteria we establish.
Procedures/Products/Services: The procedures, products, services, and devices discussed and/or advertised within the Services do not apply to all individuals, patients, or all clinical situations. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services, and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the Services by advertisers, sponsors, and other Services participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
As part of the registration process, you will provide an e-mail address and create a password. These are your credentials for accessing the services that are only available to members. You should keep your credentials private and not share your credentials with anyone else. You are responsible for notifying us if your password has been hacked or stolen. You may notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information
Disclaimer of Warranties
We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding which users gain access to the Site and/or the services; what content you access via the site and/or the services; what affects the content on the site and/or the services may have on you; how you may interpret or use the content on the site and/or the services; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content on the site and/or the services. You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired content through the site and/or the services. The site and/or the services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. We make no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the site. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the site and/or the services.
We provide the site and the services “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available.” we make no express or implied warranties or guarantees about the services. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim All such warranties, including all statutory warranties, concerning the services and the site, including without limitation any warranties That the services are merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, Fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing. We do not guarantee that the results that may be obtained from the use of the services will be effective, reliable, or accurate or will meet your requirements. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the services (either directly or through third-party networks) at times or locations of your choosing. We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of the information provided by users of the site or any other data or information provided or received through the site. Except as expressly set forth herein, Meddy makes no Warranties about the information systems, software, and functions made accessible through the site or any other security associated with the transmission of sensitive information. Meddy does not warrant that the site or the services will operate error-free, that loss of data will not occur, or that the services, software, or site are free of computer viruses, contaminants, or other harmful items.
Even though the services to patients are provided free of charge, the usual and customary charges for any medical services rendered by collaborating providers profiled on the site will apply and will be entirely your responsibility.
You are responsible for all use of the site and for all use of your Credentials, including use by others to whom you have given your credentials. You may use the site and the services for lawful, non-commercial purposes only. You may not use the site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the site or the services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- Copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the site, its content or materials and/or the services;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the site and/or the services or in or on any content or other material obtained via the site and/or the services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or another automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the site and/or the services;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the site and/or the services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the healthcare industry or providers;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the site and/or the services;
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- Collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph; or
- Use any means, including software means, to conduct web scraping of any portion of the site, its content or materials, and/or the services.
Content you post or submit
Patients will have the opportunity to submit feedback regarding their experiences with providers who are featured on the site, to submit inquiries concerning possible medical needs and to participate in the other interactive and community features of the site. You as a patient must act responsibly when providing posted Information. In providing feedback, please give clear, honest information about the provider and your experiences, but do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments or provide information that others could use to determine your identity. When participating in other interactive or community aspects of the service, please do not post any information that another user or provider may use to identify you as an individual, but please do include all relevant information concisely to help us provide you with a helpful response.
We reserve the right to publish your posted Information as part of the service and to also remove your posted information for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing posted information. Keep in mind that the posted information of others is simply an opinion and should not be relied on. In addition:
- You as a patient are solely responsible for any posted information that you submit, publish, or display on the site or transmit to other members and/or other users of the site.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other rights of any party.
- You may not provide any posted information that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Meddy.
- You may not provide any posted information that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
- You agree that you will only provide posted information that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting posted information on the site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, Meddy, its contractors, and the users of the site an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such posted information and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such posted information. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that Meddy shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your posted information with the posted information of other Meddy users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the healthcare industry.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the site. Meddy reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the services and/or the site. You may not post content that:
- Is false or intentionally misleading;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- Violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- Is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; or
- Is pornographic or sexually explicit.
- Only patients are allowed to submit reviews on doctors sharing their experience interacting with the doctor in terms of his/her bedside manner, communication skills, knowledge about the treatment, and experience inside the clinic.
- Patients can review doctors by clicking the Write a Review button and whether they like or dislike a doctor.
- Only patients of those doctors are allowed to submit a review.
- Each patient is allowed to write only 1 review per doctor.
- Doctors are strictly prohibited from writing reviews on themselves. Neither, the clinic staff or their medical assistants are allowed to review their doctors.
- Doctors however can review other doctors if they have referred patients to that particular doctor and that patient expressed having a good experience with the referred doctor.
- If any doctors have been found writing reviews on themselves. The following circumstances will happen:
- 1st time: Warning will be issued to the doctor and be kindly asked to abide by the guidelines.
- 2nd time: The doctor's profile will be temporarily disabled for a few weeks.
- 3rd time: The doctor's profile will be permanently deleted from the website.
Payment Terms and Processing Fees
Payments through credit card and debit card are collected online without any hassle. The patient is asked to enter the card number, the expiry date of the card, and its security number. No data is saved, and no additional fees except that of the appointment are charged. The money is deducted once the user clicks on ‘Pay Amount’. The transactions are 100% secure.
Cancellation of an Order - Patients
For appointments paid for online, a patient can cancel or reschedule up to two hours before the scheduled time of the appointment. An appointment cannot be rescheduled or cancelled after the given time frame. After cancelling the appointment, the patient can schedule another appointment or ask for a refund. The refund is subject to a 5% payment gateway fee. If the patient does not attend the appointment, the appointment will be marked as a no-show and the patient will not be entitled to a refund.
Refund and Exchange - Patients
Refunds are made in certain cases. The patient will receive a 100% refund when: The appointment is not confirmed by the clinic. The doctor does not attend the telehealth appointment. A stable internet connection is required before joining the call. Patients will not receive a refund due to technical issues from their side.
If a doctor misses a paid for appointment without rescheduling or cancelling it with the patient’s consent, the doctor will be charged a 5% gateway fee. In this scenario, if the patient demands a refund, a 100% refund will be issued from Meddy.